2011 Harley Drags
This series is for street appearing Harley-Davidson and Buell motorcycles.
All racers participate and ride at their own risk.
You will be required to complete a Willowbank indemnity form for each event; and also an annual Morgan & Wacker indemnity form.
Maximum participation is welcomed; some modified bikes do compete, at sponsor’s discretion.
• Motorcycle to have a Harley-Davidson or Buell frame VIN, or street-registerable frame
• No slicks (ie treaded tyres must be used)
• No wheelie bars
• Competitors BAC (Blood Alcohol Content) is to be Zero. ANDRA officials may undertake random alcohol or drug testing at any time.
• Speed limits apply at Willowbank Raceway – 25kph in all areas (except the dragstrip)
• All relevant ANDRA and Track Rules also apply to this series.
• Any motorcycle or rider can be included or excluded at the discretion of the sponsor.
• Morgan & Wacker reserves the right to adjust these rules at any time.
This is a general statement only, and lists the minimum standard required; specific detail can be found in the ANDRA rulebook General Regulations 188.8.131.52, 4.10.8 and 4.10.10
Please note: The wearing of motorcycle club colours in conjunction with leathers or otherwise is expressly forbidden.
Bikes slower than 10.5
• Leather jacket (or equivalent)
• Full fingered leather gloves
• Long trousers
• Leather boots
Helmets: For bikes slower than 10.99
• AS/NZS 1698-2006 (AS/NZS 1698) certified by SAI Global (‘5-ticks’)
• SNELL SA2000, SA2005, SA2010, SFI 31.1 (US)
• SNELL M2000, M2005, M2010, SFI 41.1 (US)
• BS 6658-1985
Bikes capable of going faster than 10.5
As you will hold an ANDRA licence, you will know the requirements for gear.
Qualifying and Racing format
• All participants should have 3 qualifying runs, followed by 3 races, with 2 participants progressing to the finals.
• Qualifiers are run end-to-end ….. so our qualifying is complete prior to the track opening to the public TnT.
• ‘Dial-your-own’ handicap format
• Bye runs are randomly allocated. Bye run scores an automatic win.
• Two finalists are decided by finding the racers gaining 3 wins. If more than two are eligible – the total difference between the (Light + ET) and Dial-in (on positive side only, ie breakout + redlight runs excluded) of all three races will be calculated, with the two riders having the least difference progressing to the finals.
Early start – be at the track by 2:30pm; we need to be on the track at 3:00pm
Round 1 Saturday, 12 February 2011
Round 2 Saturday, 19 March 2011
Round 3 Saturday, 14 May 2011
Round 4 Saturday, 23 July 2011
Round 5 Saturday, 10 September 2011
Round 6 Saturday, 15 October 2011
All rounds are run at Willowbank Raceway, Test ‘n’ Tune, with gates opening at 2:30pm (prior to the advertised Test ‘n’ Tune start of 4pm)
Fee: $45 admits racer plus one other; $20 adult spectator; Kids 13 & under are free
Enter on the day
Entry prices are subject to change by Willowbank Raceway.
Qualifying: 1 point
Racing: 2 points for win, 1 point for loss
Round Win: $200 M&W voucher
Round R/up: $100 M&W voucher
Series Win: $500 M&W voucher
Series R/up: $250 M&W voucher
Final decision on any Harley Drags ruling lies with sponsor, Morgan & Wacker, or Willowbank scrutineers.
If you have any questions at all, then ask Lola at Morgan & Wacker Motorcycles, Brisbane
(07) 3252 5691 or