Morgan & Wacker Street Drags Series
2017 Harley Drags
This series is for street appearing Harley-Davidson + Buell motorcycles.
All racers participate and ride at their own risk.
You will be required to complete a Willowbank indemnity form for each event; and also an annual Morgan & Wacker H-D Brisbane / Gold Coast H-D indemnity form.
Maximum participation is welcomed; some modified bikes do compete, at sponsors’ discretion.
- Motorcycle to have a Harley-Davidson or Buell frame VIN, or street-registerable frame
- No slicks (ie treaded tyres must be used)
- No wheelie bars
- Competitors BAC (Blood Alcohol Content) is to be Zero. Officials may undertake random alcohol or drug testing at any time.
- Speed limits apply at Willowbank Raceway – 25kph in all areas (except the dragstrip)
- All relevant National and Track Rules also apply to this series.
- Any motorcycle or rider can be included or excluded at the discretion of the sponsors.
- Sponsors reserve the right to adjust these rules at any time.
Riding gear –
This is a general statement, and lists the minimum standard required; specific detail can be found in the Willowbank Website, Street Vehicle Drag Racing Regulations.
Note – “The wearing of motorcycle club colours in conjunction with leathers or otherwise is expressly forbidden”
Bikes slower than 10.00 –
- Leather jacket
- Full fingered leather gloves
- Long trousers
- Leather boots
- Full-face helmet meeting minimum standard AS1698
(Helmet must be no older than 10 years from date of manufacture)
Bikes capable of going faster than 10.00 –
Refer to Willowbank website for requirements.
2017 Harley Drags
Qualifying and Racing format
- All participants should have 3 qualifying runs, followed by 3 races, with 2 participants progressing to the finals.
- Qualifiers are run end-to-end ….. so our qualifying is usually complete prior to the track opening to the public ‘Race Ya Mate’.
- ‘Dial-your-own’ handicap format
- Bye runs are randomly allocated. Bye run scores an automatic win.
- Two finalists are decided by finding the racers gaining 3 wins. If more than two are eligible – the total difference between the (Light + ET) and Dial-in (on positive side only, ie breakout + redlight runs excluded) of all three races will be calculated, with the two riders having the least difference progressing to the finals.
Early start – be at the track by 2:00pm; we need to be on the track at 2:30pm
Round 1 Saturday March 4, 2017
Round 2 Saturday April 29, 2017
Round 3 Saturday September 2, 2017
Round 4 Saturday October 7, 2017
Round 5 Saturday November 11, 2017
All rounds are run at Willowbank Raceway, with the gates opening early for us at 2:00pm (earlier than the advertised ‘Race Ya Mate’ start of 4pm)
Fee: $50 admits racer only; $20 adult spectator; Kids 13 & under are free
Enter on the day
Entry prices are subject to change by Willowbank Raceway.
Qualifying: 1 point
Racing: 2 points for win, 1 point for loss
Best light of the night (racing rounds): 1 point
Bonus points: 0.000 light (racing or qualifying rounds): 2 points
Round Win: $200 voucher from Morgan & Wacker H-D Brisbane
Round R/up: $100 voucher from Gold Coast Harley
Series Win: $500 voucher from Morgan & Wacker H-D Brisbane
Series R/up: $250 voucher from Gold Coast Harley
Final decision on any Harley Drags ruling lies with sponsors, Morgan & Wacker H-D Brisbane or Gold Coast Harley, or Willowbank officials.
If you have any questions at all, then ask …… Lola at Morgan & Wacker Harley, Brisbane (07) 3606 8800, or, firstname.lastname@example.org