Darker and Tougher 2014 Fat Bob projects cool authority.
Retooled Dark Custom Styling Features a Slash-Cut Rear Fender and LED
From the double-barreled stare of its twin headlamps to the knobby tread of its burly tires, the
Harley-Davidson® Fat Bob® delivers a simple message: Move over. You don’t need to be lean when you’ve got this much mean, and for 2014 the Fat Bob appears more assertive than ever thanks to a Dark Custom make-over from Harley Styling that turns this bike into a
“We wanted to take the Fat Bob further into the Dark Custom realm” says Harley-Davidson Styling Manager Tony Pink. “The compact, chopped lines of the new rear fender, the angle of the shocks, and the slanting tank graphics all line up to create an aggressive new stance that’s reinforced by the new blunt-cut mufflers. The high-contrast details on the black wheels relate nicely to the tank graphic. The seat was given a new form and cover that’s more sporty and more comfortable. Bring it all together and the Fat Bob is ready to reassert its presence on
Black replaces chrome all over the Fat Bob, including the powertrain and air cleaner cover, rear shock covers, triple clamps, headlight trim rings, console and battery box cover. The Aluminium Slotted Disc wheels are powder coated black and finished with a laser-engraved Harley-Davidson logo and
Rolling in on a Fat Bob makes a statement that is not subtle. But this motorcycle offers more than attitude. The rigid steel backbone of its Dyna frame, a pair of thick 49mm fork legs and chassis geometry that’s tuned to turn make the Fat Bob a cruiser willing to hunt for corners and a blast to ride. Dual front disc brakes and an Anti-lock Braking System haul the Fat Bob down in a hurry. Twist the grip, dump the clutch and feel the significant kick of a Twin Cam 103™ V-Twin launch Fat Bob off the line
- Rubber-mounted Twin Cam 103™ engine rated at 97.4 ft. lbs. of torque at 3500 rpm. The engine is equipped with Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI) and Automatic Compression Release (ACR), and is mated to a 6-speed Cruise Drive transmission. The powertrain is finished in Black powdercoat with black covers.
- NEW Blunt-cut staggered-dual mufflers are mated to the signature “Tommy Gun” 2-1-2 collector exhaust with slotted chrome shields.
- NEW Slash-cut rear fender
- NEW Recessed twin-ring LED tail lamp complements the dual headlamps.
- NEW Slim and sporty ergonomic seat and has a new cover and silver contrast stitching.
- NEW Console with an integral ignition switch and a five-inch electronic speedometer with multi-function LCD display and LED indicator lights.
- NEW Black machined, Aluminium Slotted Disc wheels with laser-engraved graphics; 16-inch front and rear.
- NEW Blacked-out aluminium triple clamps, headlight trim ring, rear shock covers, and battery box cover.
- NEW Diagonal-stripe fuel tank graphics.
- Dual front disc brakes
- Chrome 1.25-inch diameter drag-style handlebar is internally-wired and mounted on black risers.
- High-performance coil-over rear shocks with gloss black covers.
- Forward-mounted rider footpegs and controls.
- 180mm-16 rear / 130mm-16 front tires.
- Smart Security System with proximity-based, hands free security fob
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- NEW Amber Whiskey
- NEW Sand Cammo Denim
- Black Denim
- Vivid Black